Side effects after gynecomastia surgeryDr Rajat Gupta
Anyone opting for a surgical procedure has a palpable fear of any potential side effects as a consequence of the surgery. Complications and risk to life are something no one wants in a bargain – neither a patient nor their surgeon.
The same holds true of gynecomastia surgery. Gynecomastia refers to the development of the breast gland among men. A common affliction among men worldwide as a consequence of hormonal imbalance during puberty, the only course of treatment available is surgery to remove the gland from the body. It is important to understand the side effects after gynecomastia surgery.
Importance Of Consulting A Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Any potential side effects after gynecomastia surgery are minimised when you consult a board-certified plastic surgeon.
What are the potential side effects?
- Anaesthesia risk
- Chance of infection
- Loss of sensation to the nipple
- Blood clots
- Asymmetrical results
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Persistent pain
Have questions or want to get started? We are ready to help you with a smile!
What a board-certified surgeon does –
A board-certified surgeon has the relevant training and is backed by the experience to perform the surgery well. In addition to having the expertise in the relevant techniques, Dr Rajat Gupta uses his patented PURE procedure for gynecomastia surgery –
- Power assisted liposuction using MicroAire
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction using Vaser
- Radio frequency enhanced contouring using Arvati
These three techniques are combined in a single procedure to remove excess fat, break down the breast gland, remove it through tiny incisions and avoid skin excision. This leads to minimal body trauma, minimally invasive and painless procedure for safe and natural outcome.
Importance of Following Surgery Protocols
Side effects after gynecomastia surgery are also subject to the patient following all pre- and post- surgery protocols.
- No smoking or drugs starting at least two weeks prior to procedure or as advised by the surgeon.
- Sharing all medical history as asked for by the surgeon (do not withhold information), including any current illnesses and medicines being taken and allergies.
- Not taking any unprescribed medication including anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Use of compression garment after the surgery for the prescribed period.
- Resuming physical activities only after getting the go-ahead from the surgeon.
A patient who follows all protocols religiously has a far better chance of normal and safe recovery as opposed to someone who is lax in following these protocols.
What is Normal during the Surgery
While side effects after the surgery are best avoided, there are certain symptoms which are normal to experience after the surgery.
- Discomfort – this goes away naturally after the first 24 to 48 hours.
- Bruising and swelling – this is temporary. It starts subsiding after the first couple of days, and all but disappears about a month after the surgery.
It is important to keep your surgeon in loop should you feel anything out of the ordinary after the surgery. However, the chances of any complications are minimised when you entrust yourself to a skilled and certified set of fingers.
Dr. Rajat Gupta
MBBS, MS, DNB(Gen. Surg.),
DNB (Plastic Surgery)
Dr. Rajat Gupta is a board certified plastic surgeon in India with 10 years of experience to back his expertise in the domain of aesthetic surgeries.
Having completed his training from Maulana Azad Medical College and equipped with a thorough understanding of aesthetic needs of people, Dr. Gupta strives to offer the best remedies and cosmetic procedures outfitted with the latest technology to the aspirants in India and across the globe. To book an appointment, call: +91-9251711711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org