What Is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation or breast enlargement or medically known as Mammaplasty can be done using silicone gel implants, saline implants or fat transfer. Breast Augmentation restores a healthy balance to a woman’s figure without posing any potential harm.
The increase in breast volume is most commonly done with the insertion of soft silicone implants enclosed by membranes using different approaches. Also many women prefer to undergo breast volume enhancement with fat grafting, a procedure in which fat is suctioned out of different areas of your body where fat may be undesirable and is then injected to the breasts.
Download A Patient Guidebook Of Breast Augmentation ?
Breast Augmentation Best Results / Before & After
This young doctor is mother of two and visited us to enhance her 32 A size to 32B+ which she always wanted!
47 year old Meditation expert, fulfilled her dream of having bigger breasts. She came to us asking for enhancing her breasts but wanted the shape to remain natural. Hence we decided to do for her composite breast augmentation (Implants + Fat)
Remarks We also did fat grafting for her breasts in her cleavage and upper pole to keep the transitions smooth and results absolutely natural looking
This 34 year old mommy of two wanted to get back to her old self. She is a very successful social media influencer and felt that deflated breasts and excess tummy fat with saggy skin hampered her confidence. We did her Breast Augmentation and High Definition Liposuction with Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Surgery
We also performed her High Definition Liposuction of her abdomen, flanks and lower back to improve her shape and take out excess fat using MicroAire and VASER. We then did her Abdominoplasty to remover excess skin of abdomen, repair of divarication of recti and relocation of her umbilicus
This 54 yr old mommy of two wanted to get back to her old self. She is a very successful psychologist and felt that deflated breasts and excess tummy fat with saggy skin hampered her confidence. We did her Breast Augmentation and Liposuction with Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Surgery
We also performed her Liposuction of her abdomen, flanks and lower back to improve her shape and take out excess fat using MicroAire and VASER. We then did her Abdominoplasty to remove excess skin of abdomen, repair of divarication of recti and relocation of her umbilicus
This young professional is mother of one and visited us to enhance her 34 A+ size to 34 C which she always wanted!
27 year old IT professional wanted to enhance her breasts size to improve the size and shape
34 year old marketing executive wanted to improve the shape of her breast as well as enhance their size
37 year old fulfilled her dream of having bigger breasts. She came to us asking for enhancing her breasts all the way from Zimbabwe
This ex model after having her kids visited us for her mommy makeover! We did Breast Augmentation for her deflated breasts as well liposuction and mini tummy tuck (mini abdominoplasty ) for her
Liposuction of abdomen, flanks and lower back for waist shaping along with Mini Abdominoplasty to excise lax skin in lower abdomen keeping the scar very low that it will always be hidden by undergarment.
Why Breast Augmentation Is Done?
Breast Augmentation procedure is done if:
- You have smaller breast size and desire a more proportionate figure.
- You want a deeper cleavage.
- Faculy at prestigious institute of plastic surgeries.
- You have lost breast size & shape due to massive weight loss.
- You have lost of volume on your breasts due to natural ageing or breastfeeding.
- You have asymmetric breasts and the uneven size is prominently visible.
What Breast Augmentation Can / Can’t Do
- Increase fullness and volume of the breasts
- Improve projection of the breast
- Improve breast to hip proportion
- Make breasts look symmetrical
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
- Reorient your nipple and areola, making your breasts perkier
- Give you breasts that are too big for your body
How You Should Prepare For Breast Augmentation?
- Consult a board certified plastic surgeon
- The surgeon will prescribe some blood tests
- The surgeon will prescribe medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid any medication not prescribed by the surgeon, like aspirin or any anti-inflammatory drugs. They can increase bleeding during the surgery
- Stop taking any recreational drugs, such as cocaine
- Arrange for a driver to take you back home post the surgery or someone to stay with you in case one night admission is required
What is the Procedure of Breast Augmentation?
Breast Augmentation is a out-patient procedure and the patient is discharged the very same day. For breast augmentation using breast implants, incisions are made either along the areolar edge (peri-areolar incision), the fold under the breast (inframammary fold) or in the armpit (axillary incision).
Through the incision, an implant is placed either under the pectoral muscle or directly behind the breast tissue. The incision is closed using sutures or adhesive or surgical tape. The results of breast augmentation are immediately visible. The incision lines however fade with time.
Recovery After Breast Augmentation?
- Outpatient procedure
- You may have some swelling, bruising & discomfort in the first 24-48 hours. This is only temporary and diminishes as the recovery proceeds.
- You can start your daily routine work from next day after the surgery and can go for a walk etc.
- If you are on a desk job, you will be able to return to work 3 days post-op.
- Avoid sudden movements, lifting weights, etc., for approximately two week.
- Use compression garment or compression bra for minimum 4 weeks after the surgery for the breasts to maintain the contours achieved immediately after the surgery.
- By one month, bruising, discomfort and most swelling will disappear and you will feel “back to normal”.
- And by 6-8 weeks, you can begin all types of physical activities, but only after the consent of your surgeon.
- The breasts will still continue to settle into their final position over the course of the next few months.
Download A Patient Guidebook Of Breast Augmentation ?
Risk involved in Breast Augmentation?
Like every surgery, there are risks and potential complications of breast augmentation. Common risks involved in breast augmentation include, anesthesia risks, bleeding, hematoma, a chance of infection, less sensation in nipple or breast, scarring, implant rupture, capsular contracture, seroma and persistent pain.
However if performed by a board certified plastic surgeon the complications are avoidable.