What Is Liposuction Surgery?
With a lot of people making an attempt to regain their body-shape, liposuction has stepped in as a medical boom that is helping people to meet the aspiration of a fit and fatless body.
Liposuction surgery sculpts the body by eliminating unwanted pockets of exercise and diet-resistant fat from the buttocks, hips, love handles, saddlebags, thighs, calves, ankles, breasts (including male breasts), back, arms and neck.Liposuction is a plastic surgery technique that aims to reduce or eliminate specific accumulations of fat in different areas of the body that do not respond to classic slimming treatments or to the taking of exercise.
Download A Patient Guidebook Of Liposuction Surgery ?
Liposuction Surgery Best Results / Before & After
This 42 year young lady is mother of two and visited us to reducing lift her abdominal girth and body contouring
This 32 year young lady is mother of two and visited us to improve her body shape after she tried to loose lot of weight in gym
This 34 year old mommy of two wanted to get back to her old self. She is a very successful social media influencer and felt that deflated breasts and excess tummy fat with saggy skin hampered her confidence. We did her Breast Augmentation and High Definition Liposuction with Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Surgery
We also performed her High Definition Liposuction of her abdomen, flanks and lower back to improve her shape and take out excess fat using MicroAire and VASER. We then did her Abdominoplasty to remover excess skin of abdomen, repair of divarication of recti and relocation of her umbilicus
This 54 yr old mommy of two wanted to get back to her old self. She is a very successful psychologist and felt that deflated breasts and excess tummy fat with saggy skin hampered her confidence. We did her Breast Augmentation and Liposuction with Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) Surgery
We also performed her Liposuction of her abdomen, flanks and lower back to improve her shape and take out excess fat using MicroAire and VASER. We then did her Abdominoplasty to remove excess skin of abdomen, repair of divarication of recti and relocation of her umbilicus
This ex model after having her kids visited us for her mommy makeover! We did Breast Augmentation for her deflated breasts as well liposuction and mini tummy tuck (mini abdominoplasty ) for her
Liposuction of abdomen, flanks and lower back for waist shaping along with Mini Abdominoplasty to excise lax skin in lower abdomen keeping the scar very low that it will always be hidden by undergarment.
This 37 year old lady wanted to have and hourglass shape of her body. As well as buttock enhancement to achieve silhouette.
We performed MicroAire and VASER liposuction of her upper and lower back to get her waist shaping done. Along with that 500 cc fat was transferred to each buttock using Expansion Vibration Lipofilling Technique to achieve an hour glass shape
Why Liposuction Surgery Is Done?
Liposuction procedure is done if:
- If you have localized areas of fat deposits that are disproportionate with the rest of your body.
- If you would like more definition or a sleeker contour in certain areas of your body.
- If your skin elasticity is good (Liposuction removes fat, but does not tighten skin).
What Liposuction Surgery Can / Can’t Do
- Increase fullness and volume of the breasts
- Improve projection of the breast
- Improve breast to hip proportion
- Make breasts look symmetrical
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
- Does not correct severely drooping breasts.
How You Should Prepare For Liposuction Surgery?
- Consult a board certified plastic surgeon
- The surgeon will prescribe some blood tests
- The surgeon will prescribe medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking
- Avoid any medication not prescribed by the surgeon, like aspirin or any anti-inflammatory drugs. They can increase bleeding during the surgery
- Stop taking any recreational drugs, such as cocaine
- Arrange for a driver to take you back home post the surgery or someone to stay with you in case one night admission is required.
What is the Procedure of Liposuction Surgery?
Liposuction is an out-patient procedure and carried out under local anesthetia. The technique consists of making a small incision in a hidden place where the fatty area is situated. Next, a pencil-sized cannula is inserted. Which is connected by means of a plastic tube to a suction apparatus.
We only suction fat from the “storage” area, never from the metabolic area. This procedure, which causes no pain, is of approximately 25 minutes’ duration for each area. When the suction is completed, a suturing stitch is put in place on the above-mentioned incisions. Immediately afterward of dressing is put in place, compressing the suctioned area.
Recovery After Liposuction Surgery?
- The recovery time depends upon the area on which you are undergoing the surgery and any associated procedures if any.
- Liposuction patient can go out of the hospital the same day.
- A patient experiences mild to moderate pain for first 72 hours for which medicines are prescribed.
- Post 3 days, the patient has mild swelling that gradually disappears in the next 2-3 weeks. Depending upon the area of the surgery, the most patient can join back work after 2-3 days if in sitting job.
- Strenuous activities are to be restricted for 3-4 weeks. The timelines, however, differ on an individual basis.
- Patient is advised to wear a compression or pressure garment during first 4-6 weeks post-surgery to keep the contours as designed during surgery.
Download A Patient Guidebook Of Breast Augmentation ?
Risk involved in Liposuction Surgery?
Like every surgery, there are risks and potential complications of liposuction. Common risks involved in liposuction include, anesthesia risks, bruising, less sensation in skin, slight damage to nerves, blood vessels or muscles, a chance of infection, Irregular contours, persistent swelling, worsening of cellulite, asymmetries.
However, if performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon the complications are avoidable.