Gynecomastia surgery full recovery timeDr Rajat Gupta
Gynecomastia, or male boobs as it is commonly known, refers to the development of breast tissue among men. It is the result of hormonal imbalance during puberty and leads to a lot of self-consciousness and at times embarrassment in a social situation. Its treatment requires the removal of the breast gland – the only option is surgery, and this must be performed only by a board-certified plastic surgeon to ensure safe and complete recovery.
However, people are often sceptical when it comes to elective surgeries. There are concerns regarding risks, and they often try to look for non-surgical treatment options. Gynecomastia does not have any other treatment plan; therefore, it is important to understand and address concern points, including gynecomastia surgery full recovery time.
To understand the recovery involved in gynecomastia, it is first important to understand the procedure itself.
About Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia is a day care procedure, which means that discharge happens on the same day as the surgery itself. No excessive hospitalisation makes it convenient for the patient as well.
The technique and technology used for surgery also determines the extent of downtime and recovery period. At RG Aesthetics, Dr Rajat Gupta uses his patented PURE technique for gynecomastia surgery. It involves the following procedure –
- Marking the incisions – Dr Gupta marks tiny incisions along the side wall of the chest. This ensures there is minimal visible frontal scarring.
- Using liposuction to remove the presence of any excess fat pockets.
- Combining power assisted liposuction using MicroAire and ultrasound assisted liposuction using Vaser. This helps to break down the gland, which can then be safely removed through the small incisions. This also keeps the procedure as painless as possible and with minimum trauma to the body.
- In cases where skin excision is not required, radio frequency enhanced contouring is done to close the wound and give a chiselled, toned appearance.
Have questions or want to get started? We are ready to help you with a smile!
Gynecomastia Surgery Full Recovery Time
The use of such advanced procedures ensures that recovery is safe, easy and fast.
- There is no pain immediately after the surgery, though temporary bruising and swelling may be observed for the first few days. This diminishes naturally as the body heals itself.
- Daily routine may be resumed from the next day itself, while desk job may be resumed after 3 days.
- Cardio and light exercises which do not involve the use of chest muscles may be resumed after a week. This helps maintain physical fitness.
- Weightlifting and other heavy workout may be resumed after 2 weeks, after consulting your surgeon. This includes exercising the chest muscles.
- By the end of 6 to 8 weeks, your body will be back to “normal”, and you will be able to resume most of your activities, in consultation with your surgeon.
Recovery after any surgery is also subject to patients following all the protocols laid out by their surgeon, to be followed both prior to and post the surgery. This includes stopping smoking and taking drugs at least two weeks before the surgery, and only resuming after getting the go-ahead from your surgeon, not withholding any medical information prior to the surgery to avoid any complications, using compression garment after the surgery till advised by the surgeon, and following all instructions related to resuming workouts while taking prescribed dosages of medicines till required.
Meet Dr Rajat Gupta to understand more about gynecomastia and its treatment.
Dr. Rajat Gupta
MBBS, MS, DNB(Gen. Surg.),
DNB (Plastic Surgery)
Dr. Rajat Gupta is a board certified plastic surgeon in India with 12 years of experience to back his expertise in the domain of aesthetic surgeries.
Having completed his training from Maulana Azad Medical College and equipped with a thorough understanding of aesthetic needs of people, Dr. Gupta strives to offer the best remedies and cosmetic procedures outfitted with the latest technology to the aspirants in India and across the globe. To book an appointment, call: +91-9251711711 or email: email@example.com