Grade 2 gynecomastiaDr Rajat Gupta
Gynecomastia or male boobs is a common problem which many men face. A result of a hormonal imbalance during puberty, it leads to the development of the breast gland, which leads to the formation of breast tissue among men.
Depending upon the extent of the hormonal imbalance, gynecomastia may present as different grades depending upon the severity – from 1 to 4, in increasing order of severity.
Some men suffer from grade 2 gynecomastia. Unlike a grade 1 gynecomastia, which may present with a mild development of the breast tissue, breast tissue is more pronounced and visible in grade 2 gynecomastia. The development appears more as a small breast size among women, which, while may seem inadequate to women, can be a cause of embarrassment for men. This may also be accompanied by breast tenderness and pain in some cases.
How to Correct Grade 2 Gynecomastia
Gynecomastia has only one treatment plan – surgery. It is imperative to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon such as Dr Rajat Gupta to understand the nature of gynecomastia and perform the surgery.
Have questions or want to get started? We are ready to help you with a smile!
Benefits of Opting for a Board-Certified Surgeon
- Access to world-class facilities and infrastructure.
- The required training and expertise for a safe procedure.
- The use of the latest in technology and techniques. A board-certified surgeon like Dr Rajat Gupta is constantly upskilling and innovating for ground-breaking yet natural results.
- Minimizing risks associated with surgery like hematoma, bleeding, clots, anaesthesia risks and seroma. This if of course subject to the patient not withholding any relevant medical information like current illnesses, medicines being taken, and allergies, while also diligently following all the protocols prescribed by the surgeon both prior to and after the surgery.
What is the Procedure to Correct Grade 2 Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia surgery is a day care procedure without the need for overnight hospitalization. Performed by a board-certified surgeon, it can be completed within an hour. The use of local or general anaesthesia during the surgery depends upon a combination of the of the case specifics and what the patient’s needs.
- Tiny incisions are made (Dr Rajat Gupta makes these incisions along the lateral chest wall – this ensures that the scars remain hidden and there is no visible frontal scarring).
- Liposuction is performed to remove any excess fat that may be present from these incisions.
- Dr Rajat Gupta uses his patented PURE technology which combines power assisted liposuction using MicroAire and ultrasound assisted liposuction using Vaser. The combination of these two technologies breaks the breast gland down making it easier to remove through the small incisions, while ensuring that there is minimal physical trauma to the body.
- Radio frequency enhanced contouring is performed to close the incision while leaving the patient with a toned and chiselled look.
Men offer delay getting the right consultation for their grade 2 gynecomastia – either because they confuse the breast tissue with fat and try to get rid of it with diet and exercise, or out of sheer embarrassment. This leads to a loss in the quality of life while enhancing mental and emotional stress. Visit Dr Rajat Gupta today to understand the procedure and improve your way of life.
Dr. Rajat Gupta
MBBS, MS, DNB(Gen. Surg.),
DNB (Plastic Surgery)
Dr. Rajat Gupta is a board certified plastic surgeon in India with 10 years of experience to back his expertise in the domain of aesthetic surgeries.
Having completed his training from Maulana Azad Medical College and equipped with a thorough understanding of aesthetic needs of people, Dr. Gupta strives to offer the best remedies and cosmetic procedures outfitted with the latest technology to the aspirants in India and across the globe. To book an appointment, call: +91-9251711711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org