Complete Guide to Liposuction – ContdDr Rajat Gupta
Is liposuction worth it?
What to expect from the surgery and what to not?
Who to consult for the best aesthetic results for liposuction?
If you are trying to understand better whether the liposuction procedure is right for you, it is common to have these questions. Modern society places a great deal of importance not only on body weight but also on physical appearance. Suppose you are troubled with stubborn fat deposits in your body, which do not go away with proper dieting and exercise. In that case, liposuction is the best way to eliminate such fat cells permanently.
This plastic surgery successfully targets fat from deeper body areas without causing excessive trauma to nearby tissues. The physical appearance is youthfully sculpted and reshaped per the patient’s aesthetic needs. Over the years, liposuction has become very popular with a remarkably reduced rate of complications. Advancement in medical research has perfected liposuction to ensure patient safety and increased anatomical and biochemical understanding, which has contributed to superior aesthetic results of cosmetic surgery.
As a result of the availability of modern surgical equipment and the presence of world-class plastic surgeons, Delhi has become a major centre for fat removal surgery. There is no better place in the world for liposuction than Delhi, where patients receive a superior level of care and benefit from natural-looking results. However, several non-medical professionals make exaggerated claims about weight loss with liposuction, making it difficult to find genuine information.
There remains an underlying confusion about the popular plastic surgery in India. This guide has the information to help you understand the liposuction procedure and make an informed decision when consulting your plastic surgeon.
What Liposuction Can Do For You
Fat deposits in your body can be frustrating if you don’t know how to eliminate them. As we age, it accumulates unevenly in the body, and our metabolism slows, affecting our appearance. When weight increases, the fat cells increase in size and volume. Liposuction procedures aim to remove such fat cells and develop a smoother contour for the patient. Board-certified plastic surgeons can perform the liposuction procedure on anyone who is healthy and has had a positive medical evaluation.
A fat removal surgery, liposuction treats various areas of the body like the chin, neck, arms, back, breasts, male breasts (gynecomastia), waist area or love handles, hips, thighs, calves, and ankles for a slimmer body shape. Depending on the patient, the recovery will take a few days to a week as swelling subsides and healing begins. A board-certified plastic surgeon with experience is always recommended for superior liposuction procedure results.
In addition to helping the patient achieve their desired shape, here is a list of benefits liposuction surgery is known to provide:
- Permanently Removes Fat: With the liposuction procedure removes fat cells from certain body parts to achieve the best shape. Results are visible soon after the procedure. If the patient duly follows the recovery instructions, results are long-lasting and can be easily maintained.
- Improved Appearance: An aspirator (suction apparatus) and a cannula are used during surgery. The cannula is a pencil-thin tube connected to the suction apparatus that loosens and drains fat. With impeccable precision, this improves the body’s contour and symmetry.
- No Scarring: During the surgery, Dr Rajat Gupta makes small incisions to access areas of body fat. These incisions are closed skillfully with dissolvable sutures, ensuring no permanent scarring is visible after the surgery. Postsurgical scars can also fade faster if necessary measures are taken during recovery.
- Treats Man Boobs: Sometimes, fat deposits under male breasts lead to a condition called Gynecomastia or enlarged male breasts. Liposuction can achieve a normal male chest by removing excess fat and tissue.
- Reduced Rate of Complication: A qualified surgeon knows that liposuction is successful when the patient’s medical profile is assessed properly. The plastic surgeon can avoid potential risks and complications by taking the necessary steps to prevent, identify, and mitigate risks and complications during the fat removal surgery.
- Remarkable Reduction in Triglycerides: A study found that patients with high triglycerides received a significant benefit from the liposuction procedure by decreasing fat blood levels by 43%. Cosmetic surgery also helps patients reduce the risk of heart disease if they maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Increased Quality of Life: In the surgery, subcutaneous fat pockets are removed, providing patients with better mobility. When fat is removed from the thighs, knees, and hips, it relieves many symptoms of pain and fatigue. Many patients have also reported regaining their self-confidence following their body image problems.
Liposuction surgery in Delhi, when performed by an experienced and reputable surgeon like Dr Rajat Gupta, takes less than an hour and the convalescence period is shorter. It can be performed on adults of any age, but the patient must be in good health, have a weight near their desired range, and have good skin elasticity. Elasticity in the skin allows the region to restore once the fat is removed; otherwise, the skin in the treated area may hang loose. If you smoke, your plastic surgeon will advise you to stop well before surgery. Smoking causes skin cell damage, slows the healing process and increases risks.
Although you should expect visible results soon after the surgery, you should be prepared for swelling and bruising in the treatment region. Liposuction is a procedure that removes excess, stubborn fat from the body. After a few days or weeks, the swelling and bruising go away, and you should notice a change in your body’s curves and general form. Body sculpting with liposuction procedure is one of the most popular plastic surgeries, and Dr Rajat Gupta has a high success rate in performing it.
Have questions or want to get started? We are ready to help you with a smile!
What it Can’t Do
If you’re considering getting a liposuction procedure, you should know what it can and cannot accomplish. Despite all the advances in medicine, people expect certain things from the procedure that are not feasible. In this section, we help you understand what liposuction cannot do.
The development of modern surgical apparatus has made cosmetic fat removal surgery safer and more precise. Modern liposuction can be much more rewarding when patient safety is taken into consideration, than with traditional methods. As a result, surgery time has been shortened, and the recovery period has been reduced when performed by an expert liposuction surgeon in Delhi.
Fat is removed from the “storage” area during liposuction, never from the metabolic site. An average patient loses not more than 3-5 litres of fat. This is to ensure that when combined with a healthy lifestyle, the loss of excess fatty tissue helps patients maintain their results longer and helps them become fitter and more active. Liposuction surgery in Delhi may be performed as an outpatient procedure depending on the amount of fat to be removed. The following are a few other essential points that demonstrate what liposuction cannot accomplish for you despite its many benefits:
- It is not a weight loss procedure. While cosmetic surgery helps remove fat, it does not significantly reduce weight, which is why it is not a cure for obesity, contrary to popular belief.
- The fat removal surgery does not remove excess skin, only excess fat. Liposuction is often coupled with a tummy tuck procedure to remove the redundant skin and muscles.
- You cannot get a different body type with the liposuction procedure. Although the surgeon can significantly improve/tweak your look, they cannot give you a body type that you do not already have.
Dr Rajat Gupta recommends that his patients for liposuction surgery in Delhi seek before-and-after photographs of people with a similar body frame to theirs to obtain a more realistic concept of results. During the consultation, the surgeon educates the patient about the best liposuction approach and what they can and cannot expect from the surgery.
Cost of Liposuction
Researching the cost of the liposuction procedure is an important part of preparing for the surgery. You’ll need to examine the advantages and disadvantages of the surgery to decide whether it’s “worth it” for you.
The surgical costs vary depending on a number of factors. If a greater price brings better service and outcomes for the liposuction procedure, it is completely worth it. Wouldn’t you rather have long-lasting, positive results from a safe operation than artificial results and more noticeable scars?
This is also the premise of Dr Gupta’s liposuction surgery in Delhi. He ensures that his patients have scarless and pain-free surgery. He does this using advanced methods like MicroAire and VASER, which reduce trauma and deliver precise results. The plastic surgeon is committed to providing patients with care that conforms to global medical standards. Keeping such parameters in place boosts the cost of liposuction, especially since these criteria entail using certain equipment, typically cutting-edge technology that allows you to apply the finest practices.
In certain circumstances, liposuction alone will not be enough to provide the best potential outcomes, particularly if the patient has loose skin. Frequently, liposuction is combined with other cosmetic surgeries to provide superior aesthetic results and natural-looking body contours. Your surgery’s course of treatment is determined after your plastic surgeon’s clinical evaluation. Knowing your medical profile allows the surgeon to make appropriate decisions during surgery.
The number of body areas where the liposuction procedure is to be performed and the amount of fat to be removed also influences the surgery’s cost. You will be able to decide how to proceed with the procedure with the help of your plastic surgeon.
A good plastic surgeon can make a significant difference in the final outcome of a surgery. Trained and experienced surgeons take the best medical action for your safety and aesthetic results of the surgery. You can find more information about choosing a surgeon in the next section.
How to Choose Surgeon
Selecting the right plastic surgeon for your fat removal surgery is very important to ensure the success of the cosmetic surgery. You can trust a plastic surgeon for liposuction who is board-certified. Board certification signifies that the surgeon has received additional training and has been recommended by the governing medical bodies as a plastic surgeon.
To qualify for a board certification, the surgeon must have a low rate of medical complications and a high success rate when performing sensitive surgery. A surgeon who handles sicker or frailer patients must modify the procedure based on their health status, age, and other factors, which is an uncommon skill.
We list certain steps you should keep in mind when selecting the right plastic surgeon for your liposuction procedure:
- Verify the Credentials: By visiting the relevant issuer, you can verify whether the credentials claimed by your surgeon are legitimate.
- Experience: Select a surgeon with more than 6 years of experience performing the liption. If you have a medical condition, you may require a more mature surgeon with more than 10 years of experience.
- Professional Reprimands: Knowing whether or not a professional licensing board has approved a doctor should be an important element of your search. Doctor profiles on state medical boards contain board credentials, board actions, criminal convictions, and medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Complication Rate: It is impossible to reduce the risk of surgery complications completely. Choosing a surgeon whose complication rate during liposuction is exceptionally low compared to other surgeons is a sure sign of a surgeon’s safety standards.
- Verify Recommendations: It is possible to find recommendations for every surgeon on the internet. There are platforms where patients can post genuine reviews of surgeons after surgery, such as realself and practo.
- Before and After Gallery: People can see how previous candidates of the plastic surgeon fared with liposuction surgery after seeing before and after pictures.
- Doctor-Patient Relationship: The surgeon is expected to develop a rapport with the patient, so they can get enough information to make sound surgical decisions. It is not a good sign if you feel uncomfortable communicating with your plastic surgeon or if you observe the surgeon rushing through the process.
Dr Rajat Gupta has been a trusted plastic surgeon for people considering the liposuction procedure across the globe. He holds a board certificate in plastic surgery and has more than 15 years of experience in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. Visit Dr Rajat Gupta, an internationally accredited plastic surgeon, for a consultation.
Dr. Rajat Gupta
MBBS, MS, DNB(Gen. Surg.),
DNB (Plastic Surgery)
Dr. Rajat Gupta is a board certified plastic surgeon in India with 13 years of experience to back his expertise in the domain of aesthetic surgeries.
Having completed his training from Maulana Azad Medical College and equipped with a thorough understanding of aesthetic needs of people, Dr. Gupta strives to offer the best remedies and cosmetic procedures outfitted with the latest technology to the aspirants in India and across the globe. To book an appointment, call: +91-9251711711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org