Do We Have Any Restrictions After Breast Augmentation Surgery?Dr Rajat Gupta
Breast augmentation is a series of cosmetic surgery procedures for the breast enhancement to the desired size. Medically it is termed Mammoplasty. The prime goal is to create a breast size that is proportionate to your body. Breast augmentation surgery utilises breast implants to alter the size, shape and volume of your breast. Artificial soft silicone implants or fat grafts are utilised as augmentation materials. Excess fat from your body is suctioned out through liposuction and is injected into your body.
Breast Augmentation Surgery is a daycare procedure. That means you can return home the very same day within a few hours of the procedure. You may encounter mild swelling and discomforts for a few days, which subsides within 24-48 hours. You can resume your routine activities and cardio workouts within a week. Complete healing and results of your surgery are visible in 6-8 weeks. Nonetheless, it also depends on your strict adherence to both the pre and post-operative guidelines.
Restrictions After Breast Augmentation Surgery
Restrictions are imposed and curtail any unprecedented postoperative changes and enhance a speedy recovery. It also aims to maintain the postoperative outcome.
Here are a few guidelines:
- Strict adherence to post-operative guidelines by your surgeon.
- The medications such as anticoagulants, anti-inflammatory medications such as aspirin, discontinued before the procedure, are restricted after surgery for the prescribed period. These medications may counteract wound healing. Aspirin interferes with blood coagulation and delays healing.
- Alcohol and smoking are to be discontinued for some time as advised. Analgesics and other medications that may interact with alcohol can exacerbate adverse effects.
- No strenuous exercise or weight lifting for four weeks. This involves lifting children as well. It may trigger postoperative haemorrhage.
- Sleeping on your back is advised. Sleeping by the sides or stomach for a few days is strictly avoided for optimal healing.
- Compression bras are advised for an initial four weeks or as advised by your surgeon. It is worn to support the implant and restrict any inflammation. It expedites healing.
- Restrictions on hot tubs, or swimming until advised by your surgeon.
- Your restrictions after breast augmentation surgery include instructions on bathing and wound dressings.
- Physical activity like walking around, sitting after your surgery helps prevent blood clots.
Have questions or want to get started? We are ready to help you with a smile!
Within a few days, most patients who have observed their breast augmentation surgery after restrictions resume their routine activities. However, consent from your surgeon is essential to resume exercise.
You are likely to encounter certain post-operative complications like wound infection, numbness, persistent pain around the incision pain, capsular contracture, haemorrhage, implant rupture furthermore.
Dr Rajat Guptais, a board-certified plastic surgeon with years of experience and excellence in breast augmentation surgery. Dr Gupta, with his profoundness and proficiency in breast augmentation surgery, assures the best treatment. His dedication and eminence deliver the best result in procedure with utmost precision.
Dr. Rajat Gupta
MBBS, MS, DNB(Gen. Surg.),
DNB (Plastic Surgery)
Dr. Rajat Gupta is a board certified plastic surgeon in India with 12 years of experience to back his expertise in the domain of aesthetic surgeries.
Having completed his training from Maulana Azad Medical College and equipped with a thorough understanding of aesthetic needs of people, Dr. Gupta strives to offer the best remedies and cosmetic procedures outfitted with the latest technology to the aspirants in India and across the globe. To book an appointment, call: +91-9251711711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org