7 Things you Need to Know About the Mommy MakeoverDr Rajat Gupta
Mommy makeover surgery in India has become incredibly popular over the last decade as it allows plastic surgeons to address multiple problem areas in a single surgery. Since time is often our most valuable commodity, any procedure that can safely and effectively rejuvenate, for example, the abdomen and the breasts at once, sounds enticing!
What is a mommy makeover?
The mommy makeover is one of today’s most popular combination plastic surgery techniques, designed specifically to address common issues faced by women who have been through pregnancy and breastfeeding. The surgical technique has found its way into mainstream media, becoming the procedure of choice among the Bollywood elite.
“Mommy Makeover” refers to a specialised combination of body contouring procedures performed together to improve the physical changes that linger long after pregnancy. One reason for its popularity is that the mommy makeover has no set components; each procedure is custom-tailored to fit the individual patient’s unique needs.
Have questions or want to get started? We are ready to help you with a smile!
But not all mommy makeover procedures are created equal, and it is not always appropriate to combine procedures for every patient. Here are seven things that you need to know about a mommy makeover.
- A mommy makeover surgery is not a one size fits all procedure. Instead, this is a surgery that must be customised to your individual needs, lifestyle and anatomy.
- In India, the mommy makeover surgery will be performed as outpatient surgery, allowing you to recover at home. For additional assistance during the first 24 hours, your surgeon may recommend an overnight stay at the hospital.
- Your recovery can take from one to two weeks. Although this will depend on the specific procedures included in your mommy makeover, plan on your recovery taking up to two weeks, during which time you will be sore, bruised and swollen.
- Swelling can last for six months or longer – While some benefits of a mommy makeover are immediate, the full results cannot be assessed until all swelling has subsided; this will take from six months to a year.
- No heavy lifting, including babies – Vigorous exercise and heavy lifting should be avoided for at least six weeks after your mommy makeover; this includes carrying babies and children over 10 pounds.
- A mommy makeover is for non-smokers – Smoking decreases circulation, delaying wound healing and substantially increasing the chance for serious complications to occur; stop smoking for at least four weeks before and four weeks after your mommy makeover. Better yet, use this as a reason to stop smoking altogether.
- A mommy makeover can radically change how your body looks, giving you more energy, vitality and self-esteem. It is also a surgical procedure that requires an investment of time for recovery. Patients with the happiest outcomes are the ones who plan accordingly.
Only choose a board-certified plastic surgeon. The mommy makeover surgery in Delhi combines invasive techniques, so choose the best and most experienced plastic surgeon available; never risk your health and safety to cut corners or save money.
Dr. Rajat Gupta
MBBS, MS, DNB(Gen. Surg.),
DNB (Plastic Surgery)
Dr. Rajat Gupta is a board certified plastic surgeon in India with 12 years of experience to back his expertise in the domain of aesthetic surgeries.
Having completed his training from Maulana Azad Medical College and equipped with a thorough understanding of aesthetic needs of people, Dr. Gupta strives to offer the best remedies and cosmetic procedures outfitted with the latest technology to the aspirants in India and across the globe. To book an appointment, call: +91-9251711711 or email: email@example.com