How Long Does a Mini Facelift LastDr Rajat Gupta
Age brings with it many undesirable changes, some more unwanted as they happen on the face and neck. As we grow older, our skin starts losing elasticity which can cause wrinkles and sagging skin. These can be addressed through facelift or rhytidectomy.
A facelift is very effective in restoring a more refreshed and youthful look. It
- gives a more youthful appearance
- gets rid of sagging lines
- tightens the facial and neck muscles
- removes excess fat and skin
- gives better volume to the face
A facelift is a surgical procedure that makes a face tighter and more youthful by surgically manipulating the facial skin and underlying muscle. It can correct even the most severe wrinkles and sagging skin.
Several different kinds of facelift procedures vary in terms of their degrees of invasiveness and the types of results they provide. One popular facelift technique is mini facelift surgery.
What is a mini facelift?
Mini facelift surgery is a technique that uses shorter incisions than traditional facelift techniques and thus is less invasive. During the procedure, small incisions are made under cover of the hairline and around the ears. These incisions allow the surgeon to tighten the skin and remove excess tissue, improving the appearance of the jowls and neck.
Have questions or want to get started? We are ready to help you with a smile!
Benefits of Mini Facelift surgery
- Quicker Recovery Time- One of the main benefits of a mini facelift is that it requires a shorter recovery time. While traditional facelift patients may need 4-5 weeks to recover from a facelift, mini facelift recovery only requires 3-5 days. In fact, mini-lifts are often called “weekend facelifts” because patients can undergo the procedure on Friday and get back to work and other normal activities on Monday. The sutures are generally removed around 7 days post-operatively, as traditional facelifts are also the case.
- Less Pain- Since mini facelifts are less invasive, the amount of post-procedure pain or discomfort most patients feel is minimal. Light bruising or swelling may be common, but it is significantly less than what occurs after a full facelift and usually resolves over several weeks.
- Lower Cost- Since mini facelifts are less complicated, shorter in duration, and do not require general anaesthesia, cost factors such as surgeon fees and facility costs are lower. This makes the total cost of a mini facelift less than a traditional facelift.
How long do the results of a mini facelift last?
Some factors determine how long the results will last after a mini facelift, including your lifestyle and how the natural ageing process progresses. You can expect results to last between five to ten years. This duration makes the mini facelift a great solution for patients who want more visible anti-ageing results without scheduling several maintenance appointments. However, the longevity of the procedure depends on several other factors, including diet, exercise, and skincare regime.
For more information about mini facelift surgery and procedures for plastic surgery India-wide, contact Dr Rajat Gupta.
Dr Rajat is a board-certified cosmetic surgeon with 15+ years of experience and has done over 5K cosmetic surgeries, including hundreds of mini facelift procedures in his career. The world-class facilities at his clinic should ensure that your cosmetic enhancement goes exactly the way you want it and also takes utmost care for your comfort and confidentiality.
Dr. Rajat Gupta
MBBS, MS, DNB(Gen. Surg.),
DNB (Plastic Surgery)
Dr. Rajat Gupta is a board certified plastic surgeon in India with 12 years of experience to back his expertise in the domain of aesthetic surgeries.
Having completed his training from Maulana Azad Medical College and equipped with a thorough understanding of aesthetic needs of people, Dr. Gupta strives to offer the best remedies and cosmetic procedures outfitted with the latest technology to the aspirants in India and across the globe. To book an appointment, call: +91-9251711711 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org