Breast Augmentation is one of the most desired plastic surgery by women. Women seek a more beautiful, natural and youthful breast that maintains the harmony with rest of the body as well and a woman feels even more beautiful when her femininity is pronounced appropriately. A well-endowed figure is every woman’s dream and with breast augmentation surgery you turn that dream into reality.
Breast augmentation or breast enlargement or medically known as Mammaplasty can be done using silicone gel implants, saline implants or fat transfer. Breast Augmentation restores a healthy balance to a woman’s figure without posing any potential harm
What is Breast Augmentation?
The augmentation of the breast in most women has the aim of making women happier with their body shape, surgery being the only way to achieve this. No woman has perfectly symmetrical breasts as regards volume, shape and position, and it would be unrealistic for a surgeon to achieve what is not possible anatomically. However, a great effort is made to achieve the most exact possible symmetry, the desired height, an adequate texture for natural movement and a soft touch.
The increase in breast volume is most commonly done with the insertion of soft silicone implants enclosed by membranes using different approaches. Also many women prefer to undergo breast volume enhancement with fat grafting, a procedure in which fat is suctioned out of different areas of your body where fat may be undesirable and is then injected to the breasts.
Are you a good candidate for breast augmentation?
This procedure is suitable for you if:
- You have smaller breast size and desire a more proportionate figure.
- You want a deeper cleavage.
- You have lost breast size & shape due to massive weight loss.
- You have lost of volume on your breasts due to natural ageing or breast-feeding.
- You have asymmetric breasts and the uneven size is prominently visible.
What are the incisions like?
The point of incision depends upon the patient’s body structure:
- AXILLARY: This incision is used when the patient has small symmetrical breasts but with the modern textures, wide-based implants it is becoming less common.
- AREOLAR: We make the half-moon shaped incision on the lower edged of the areolar where it touches the skin.
- SUBMAMMARY FOLD:We make an incision about 4 to 5cms long the sub mammary fold. When the operation is over, dressage and drainage are placed on both breasts if this is surgically indicated.
Dr. Rajat Gupta at RG Aesthetics usually prefers the Submammary fold incision as this incision is hidden under the breast and is not visible and usually, fades to inconspicuous scar within 6-8 weeks.
A good surgeon will hide the incisions well underneath the breast or camouflaged the incision at the areolar border. As per the patient’s need & desire, the implants are placed either under the muscle or under the breast.
What are the different techniques for breast augmentation?
You can opt between a natural breast shape and a teardrop resembling shape by choosing an anatomical shaped implant or you can balloon up both the upper and lower poles of your breasts by using a round implant. Make sure that the silicone implant you choose is FDA approved.
There are different implant models, each with its specific indications. Regarding the desired size, one can choose from among the different possible sizes, according to the options that have been studied in a three-dimensional shape.
Silicone is used as a material in cardiac valves, facial reconstruction, as prosthesis for bone-joints, among other applications, as well as forming part of the cosmetics, mineral waters, air, etc.
Placement of implant
Implant can be located either below the breast gland or below the pectoral chest muscle. Ideally a plastic surgeon should be trained for both the techniques and must be able to tailor fit the procedure depending on the patient’s tissue characteristics. For example, for an athlete patient, the implant should not be placed below the muscle for the muscle movement may alter its position.
Fat Grafting or Fat Transfer, medically known, as Autologous is another option for a breast augmentation surgery. In this procedure fat from your own body from an area where there is an excess of it or is simply undesired is sucked out using liposuction technique and is transferred to the breast to increase the volume.
What is the recovery like?
Breast augmentation is usually an outpatient procedure and in only some cases you will stay in the hospital for just one night. You may have some swelling, bruising & discomfort in the first 24-48 hours. This is only temporary and diminishes as the recovery proceeds.
You can start your daily routine work from next day after the surgery and can go for a walk etc. If you are on a desk job, you will be able to return to work 3 days post-op. You must avoids knocks, sudden movements when driving, lifting weights, etc., for approximately two week
By 1 month, bruising, discomfort and most swelling will disappear and you will feel “back to normal”. And by 6-8 weeks, you can begin all types of physical activities, but only after the consent of your surgeon.
The breasts will still continue to settle into their final position over the course of the next few months.
During the first few days, it is normal for you to see a difference between the two breasts and this is due to the different amount of swelling on the two sides. You will also feel some discomfort during palpation and this will feel strange. This usually disappears within a few days.
It is possible that you will be anxious to see the final result of your operation, but must be patient. You must give enough time to allow the surgical swelling of the tissues to disappear and for your new body shape to appear.
When the implants are placed below the muscles, it takes almost twice as long to see the final result as it does when they are placed above the muscle. So we recommend that care be taken when taking on any form of exercise.
The final result, when the swelling has totally disappeared, tends to take a month and a half. This is the time required for sensibility to return to the areola, and the feel begins to be softer and the body’s complete assimilation of the implant takes 2-3 months.
It is very important to know that breast surgery up to the present time has not involved risks of any sort of secondary pathology and that patients should continue their normal gynaecological screening.
The Post-op care
- If you feel discomfort, cover your breasts with a towel that has been soaked in cold water and leave it there for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Your brassiere must be tight, but should not be oppressive or cause any kind of pain.
- When you get out of bed, do not put pressure on your arms and do not jump. Turn your legs, bending them so that they reach the floor at the same time as you lift your body from a sideways position. Do this slowly to avoid causing pain.
- During the first week do not make any sudden movements with your arms and do not try to hug anyone.
- You can take showers normally from the third day but you cannot bathe either at home or in the sea without previously seeking medical permission.
- You must wear a brassiere day and night, at least during the first week, unless you are told otherwise.
- Some breast implants require massage, while others do not. Appropriate instructions will be given by the surgeon post-op.
Does Breast Augmentation interfere with lactation or sensation?
Since we go and make a pocket for an implant behind the breast gland, it can never interfere with lactation or sensation.
What is the next step?
Whatever your preferences are, the major objective of our highly qualified surgeon Dr. Rajat Gupta at RG Aesthetics to give you the best results, sans any difficulties and minimal after effects. We are determined to give you the best medical care supported by high-tech, state-of-the-art equipment, along with that dream figure you always desired.
To book an appointment, call: 9251711711 or email at email@example.com