Endoscopic facelift is done through small incisions made discreetly above the hairline to lift the sagged tissues. With the use of an Endoscopic method, one can also remove wrinkles over the forehead and give the upper part of face a more youthful look.
The procedure is done using a local anesthesia and is usually beneficial for lifting sagging cheeks & lifting of the eyebrows. Dr.Rajat Gupta is a specialist in using this minimally invasive technique to do to Eyebrow & Forehead lift and is in fact, the first cosmetic surgeon in India to do an Endoscopic Facelift.
The size & the placement of the incisions result in virtually scar-less facelift results. Through the incision, the surgeon inserts a thin device below the skin surface, equipped with a small camera, for the procedure to be seen on the monitor screen in the operation theater. Small surgical instruments are then inserted through the remaining incisions to remove the fatty tissues and reshape the sagging face.
You are a good candidate for Endoscopic Facelift, if:
- You are in your 30s, 40s, or 50s and don’t have large amounts of sagging skin
- You have moderate facial imperfections caused by excess fatty tissue
- The outside or lateral edge of your brow is sagging, resulting in a sad expression
- You have sagging cheeks & visible lines around the nose
- The central portion of your brow hangs down, making you look angry
- You have frown lines between your eyes and forehead
Benefits of Endoscopic Facelift
- Nearly scar-less facelift results
- Improve frown lines above the eyes & creases around the nose and mouth
- Less invasive than a traditional facelift
- Quick procedure
Recovery after Endoscopic Facelift
After the endoscopic surgery, one can go home the same day and can resume normal activities 2 days after the surgery. Since the surgery involves small incisions, it tends to involve slight bleeding & swelling and requires few stitches. However, the recovery period of an endoscopic facelift is shorter than the traditional facelift.