The eyes are the most expressive part of the face. In oriental race, most of the times upper eyelid has no fold. Many people desire upper eyelid fold creation to resemble a Caucasian look. For those who are not happy about their eyelids and want to have an upper eyelid fold as in Caucasians, Asian Blepharoplasty is the solution for you.
Upper eyelid crease creation can be done through surgery known as Asian blepharoplasty. It is also known as double-eyelid surgery that refers to surgery designed to place a pretrial crease in eyes that is missing.
The surgery is most often performed under sedation and local anesthesia, thus avoiding the need for a general anesthesia. This means that the patient can leave the clinic within a few hours of the operation.
It is done basically to remove some skin and muscle to take away the tissues that are making your eyes look droopy. The procedure removes sagging skin around the eyes and results in a younger, well-rested look.
The entire process includes two steps:
- First is Upper Blepharoplasty that will only defeat your upper eyelid and make it less droopy and less puffy.
- Second is Asian Blepharoplasty; the crease creation giving you a more beautiful eyelid!
The whole procedure roughly takes about couple of hours only. One hour for preparation to mark the lids and another hour for the actual surgery itself for both eyes. It is a comfortable and pain less procedure except at the time of the initial anesthetic injections to numb the lids.
Both of these procedures can be easily done together, however, getting only one of these done will not solve the aim or purpose of better-looking eyelids, that usually is the concern!
In cases of Asian Blepharoplasty incision is made at the site of desirable palpebral crease formation. The excess skin if any and excess fat is excised. The muscle to dermal sutures is taken to create a dynamic fold desired by the patient.
The eyelids are sutured with very fine continuous sutures, which are removed after the 5–6 days
Post the surgery, you may experience some bruising on both eyelids and slight swelling which is only temporary and starts to diminish 24 hours post surgery. You will be advised to apply compresses on both eyelids and use soothing eye drops to relive any soreness.
Within 1 week, you will be “back to normal” and results will start to show. You might notice some asymmetry in the eyes, but that is only due to the swelling and the postoperative scar tension. The original eye-shape returns within a few days.
Post Surgery Care
- It is normal that eyelid can become red, swollen and bruised. Take antiseptic drops or ointment if your doctor has prescribed it. Applying cold compresses in the days after surgery will help.
- Avoid reading and computer activity.
- You should take shower, wash your face and keep the area clean
- Eye makeup has to be avoided till after the stitches have been removed and only Hypo allergic eye makeup is advised post stitches removal.
- Contact lenses should not be used until after a few days have passed and only with a medical prescription.
- The use of sunglasses is recommended to avoid direct sunlight on your eyelids during the first few weeks.
- Please be patient as you eyelid muscle function recovery. Itching is common. The incision scar will fade and soften for a very long time.
Moreover, there are some finer nuances in defining the eyelid crease, with finer details like what shape of crease you want to be created, medical flaring or lateral flaring of crease, lateral droop correction, medical can thus shaping procedure to be added or not, and many more. These can be discussed with Dr. Rajat Gupta, a board certified plastic surgeon at RG Aesthetics.
Our prices are very transparent. To know about the price for Asian Blepharoplasty surgery.
Our prices are very transparent. To know about the price for Asian Blepharoplasty surgery, click here.